NATIONAL DIABETES CARE COURSE
The National Diabetes Care Course has been developed by the National Association of Diabetes Centres (NADC) to provide healthcare providers in a range of general care settings with current knowledge of diabetes clinical management and self-care regulation.
The course can be completed online at your own pace. Once you have registered for the National Diabetes Care Course, the NADC will provide you with access to the full course content within two business days. You will receive an email from the NADC, with a link to the course, a personal username and password. From the date of registration, you will have 3 months to complete the course content.
The National Diabetes Care Course is registered for 30 category 2 RACGP points.
- $594 (inc GST) for non-NADC members
- $297 (inc GST) for our industry sponsors
- $198 (inc GST) for NADC members
- If you have a promo code these can be added at the end of the registration process, prior to payment
An education leader/organiser can register several participants in one registration process. This can be done by selecting the number of tickets equal to the number of participants the education leader/organiser wishes to enrol in the course. The education leader/organiser will need to enter the full name, email address and position of each participant.
- 5-10 registrants – 10% discount
- 11-49 registrants – 20% discount
- 50-99 registrants – 25% discount
- 100-200 registrants – 35% discount
- 200+ registrants – 45% discount
Individual module price:
Individual modules can be purchased for $30 per module (for NADC members) or $60 per module (for non-NADC members) however, there are no discounts for bulk registrants.
On completion of the course participants will have received information to assist them to:
- identify those at risk of developing diabetes
- discuss risk prevention strategies
- provide basic introductory education and information to people with diabetes
- provide information to people with diabetes about complication management and screening
- provide assistance with survival skills
- advise clients about available support and clinical services
- aid their peers with information on appropriate networks, supports and services
- identify basic problems with diabetes care and appropriate referral pathways
The National Diabetes Care Course is an interactive online learning tool. The course provides:
- Learning videos
- 24 hour a day access so you can complete the course at a time or place that suits you
- Online assessments
- Certificates on completion of each module
The National Diabetes Care Course consists of ten learning modules covering topics such as:
- What is diabetes?
- What is diabetes?
- Chronic complications
- Lifestyle issues
- Diabetes medicines
- Acute complications
- Self monitoring of diabetes
- Groups with special needs (indigenous, CALD, pregnant women, paediatrics and adolescents, elderly)
- Support services
- Managing diabetes in general practice
- Diabetes and technology (continuous glucose monitoring, insulin pumps, apps and gadgets)
Find out more
To find out more about the National Diabetes Care Course and to register your interest, or get access to your NADC member centre or industry sponsor promo code – please contact: email@example.com