PHARMACY DIABETES SERVICE
NADC Pharmacy Diabetes Service membership is offered to groups of professional healthcare workers who have an active involvement in diabetes care provided in the pharmaceutical context, are committed to the goals and objectives of the NADC, and to monitoring the outcomes of their service, but do not have the full complement of services or resources of a larger diabetes service.
- Each group must consist of a minimum of a Credentialled Diabetes Educator or Registered Nurse/ Pharmacist who has completed the NADC National Diabetes Care Course or a Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education
- Within the group there must be a co-ordinated approach to diabetes care with inter-disciplinary communication and consultation
- Referral and care escalation processes are to be incorporated into service delivery procedures
- Communication processes between primary care, allied health and tertiary care providers are to be documented
- The group must hold regular meetings